4.9.07

three day weekend, four day work week

A million things left to do....

Next week should be good. We start our groupwork--I am a little (okay, a lot) worried about the behaviour of my first block--but the reality is that they will behave the way they do whether they are in groups or not--so maybe it will all work out. They aren't bad--just noisy--and a little immature.

It's fundraising week (magazine sales)--which I hate--but it's only four days of it.

We should have our grade level trip to the Museum of Tolerance cleared by the end of the week. I am still shocked at the amount of resistance I have gotten for this field trip, but I'm very excited that we're going.

I'm still breaking in our new Resource teacher--he came from a different district where he really didn't shadow students or work with teachers--but at least he's not as crazy and patronizing as the last one.



I'm still loving Beers' When Kids Can't Read, What Teachers Can Do. It's amazing, and I'm finding so many great "use now!" ideas in it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing my kids again.

I'm a little too relaxed after the three day weekend though--it's too easy to get back into the summer mode!