9.8.07

Thursday Thirteen--number fourteen!


A small selection of thirteen things on my Ipod

I'll admit it...I'm a fan of the Ipod (and the Iphone...sigh)
1. "I Can't Decide" by the Scissor Sisters from "Ta-Da". I first heard this song on Doctor Who, and I thought it was hilarious. I really like the rest of the album as well.
2. "The Dress Looks Nice On You" by Sufjan Stephens off of "Seven Swans". It's just a lovely, lyrical song. His voice is amazing and ethereal and luminous (which I know isn't a "sound" word--but it does describe how I "hear" his voice.)
3. "Stay on Your Side of Town" by Susan Werner off of her "I Can't Be New" album. This lady has a great, smoky voice. I first saw her sing with Keb Mo, another favorite of mine.
4. Speaking of Keb Mo, I have his "Your Love" from "Suitcase" on constant rotation right now--it's just bluesy, funky and fun.
5. "Cheeseburger in Paradise"-- a classic Jimmy Buffet tune. I was raised a proud Parrothead--the man just means summer to me!
6. The opera "Carmen." This opera was the first I ever went to "live"--it was on a school trip in middle school. I was amazed and enthralled, and I still love the music.
7. "Fishing for a Dream" by Turin Brakes off of their "Jackinabox" album. This one is slightly sappy for me as I can hear my SO singing it in my head when I listen to it. It's one of his favorites and one of mine.
8. "Dashboard" from Modest Mouse's "We Were Dead Before the Ship even Sank". A great song to run, work, or jump around with. The rest of the album is excellent as well.
9. "I Hear the Bells" from Mike Doughty's "Haughty Melodic." I first heard this song on an episode of "Veronica Mars." I thought it was lovely.
10. "Midnight at the Oasis" a Maria Muldaur classic. Like Jimmy Buffet, her music was a constant in my life as I was growing up. I love her voice.
11. A series of albums by Ludovico Einaudi--gorgeous, ethereal piano music.
12. "Wine, Women, and Song" from the "Little by Little" album by Harvey Danger. Totally a fun song--great to run to.
13. The entire collection of the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" radio plays because sometimes you just need a little Douglas Adams.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Kristee Weldon
2. Damozel
3. Nicholas
4. Robin
5. kailani
6. Tempest Knight
7. Mama Lee
8. Nicole Austin
9. Lori

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!