25.1.07

Thursday Thirteen--Sweet Number 9!


Thirteen Things I want!
(warning: this may be a little bit whiny and should be taken with a grain of salt)

1. I'm very worried about a new student that is being given to me. He went to an alternative school for one and a half trimesters this year because of (very, very bad) behavior issues last year. They are placing him in my happy-go-lucky afternoon class. Hopefully they will change his behavior, and he won't change theirs. I want him to be positively affected by the class and show he has changed!
2. I wish that I didn't feel as if my classes were bursting with students. It's nice to be thought competent enough to "deal" (see #1)--but enough already! I'm out of seats! I want enough room for everyone to feel comfortable!
3. I want the weather to warm up! (Yes, I know I'm in SoCal, but I'm also a wimp!)
4. I want more time to read--I feel as if I am working and working and working. (See #2!)
5. I want to lose ten pounds.
6. I want to be able to meet the needs of all of my students.
7. I want superhuman powers. (see #6)
8. I want the ability to be a calm, centered person in the face of the maelstrom that is middle school. (see #7)
9. I want my students to know how much I care about them!
10. I want all of my students to work to the best of their ability.
11. I want to become a better horseback rider.
12. I want to figure out a way to get kids to try new things with less resistance. If you thought getting them to eat vegetables was bad--you should see what they do when faced with new genres and forms of writing!
13. I want everyone to take a deep breath--look around--and thank someone for helping them with their day. And, on that note, thank you for reading this list!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!