9.7.08

Thursday Thirteen #19--summer reading edition


Thirteen books I'm planning on reading this summer!


1. Adolescent Literacy: Kylene Beers (et. al)
I am such a teacher-nerd. I can't wait to read this book!
2. One Hundred Years of Solitude: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
just because it's been awhile.
3. Sunshine: Robin McKinley
I re-read this book every few months, so it's pretty much a guarantee.
4. Breaking Dawn: Stephanie Meyer
My former-students and I have an online-book-date to discuss this book. I cannot wait.
5. 84, Charing Cross Road: Helene Hanff
This is one of my go-to-when-stressed books. I am moving across the continent (plus the Atlantic) and getting married. I anticipate stress. And good times.
6. Pale Fire: Vladimir Nabakov
I love this book. I know; it's an illness.
7. The Ladies' Paradise: Emile Zola
Love it. See above comment on illness and love of books.
8. Team of Rivals: Doris Goodwin
This book kept getting bumped to the end of the TBR pile. I have placed it back on top.
9. The Schools Our Children Deserve: Alfie Kohn
I love this guy. He is unequivocal, well read, and diligently researched.
10. The Foundation Trilogy: Isaac Asimov
See stress, the relieving of.
11. North and South: Elizabeth Gaskell
Yes, I love 19th century novels. Oh well, there are worse vices.
12. When You Are Engulfed In Flames: David Sedaris
I'm looking forward to reading this book; I've heard good things.
13. Matilda: Roald Dahl
Not just for kids!


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




1) Nicholas
2) lilibeth
3) claudia
4) Shannon
5) bernie
6) sobeit
7) diana
8) sjr
9) poppingbubbles
10) lori
11) carol
12) marcia
13) meju
14) writer & cat
15) jen
16) lori