3.7.08

So, people think I'm lucky not be working...

Because of various things (marriage! moving!), I won't be starting the school year in a classroom come September. This is the first time since kindergarten (since I was in kindergarten) that I won't be "in school" in some form or another. At the end of June (with 8th grade promotion fast approaching), I hopped around with renewed energy. I would have time to myself! I would read! I would return to school for a PhD the next September and use the year off to prepare! I would grow as a person!
Two weeks later?

I miss my kids. I want my classroom back. I have so much to teach! What in the world am I going to do with myself if I don't have 64+ tweenagers to entertain, entice, and encourage?
I have no idea.
Suddenly, not working doesn't sound like much fun.