17.11.06

thursday thirteen, the third!



# 3 Thirteen Things that help Miss S re-center herself


1. Re-reading Little Women or Robin Mckinley's The Blue Sword (for the 100th time each). I find something so cathartic about reading books I know and love.

2. Finding a new book to love, currently Stephanie Meyer's Twilight. (go read it! it's great!)

3. Speaking with loved ones--near and far.

4. Laughing with my colleagues.

5. Horseback riding

6. A long walk

7. Lots of exercise.

8. Drinking lots of water and feeling healthy.

9. Hanging out with friends and "forgetting" work for awhile.

10. Realizing I do make a difference in my job.

11. Organizing myself/cleaning up and putting things away...(yes, strange, but I find it soothing!)

12. Re-watching old favorite movies (Hitchcock's The Lady Vanishes comes to mind)

13. Just looking around and realizing how much I have and how lucky I am.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!